Uniform is an important part of a school’s identity. It reinforces who we are as a community and helps allow students to feel pride in their school. It also ensures students are not put under any pressure because of the type of clothes they wear and all are treated equally. It also helps prepare students for life after school where many will have to dress smartly for work.
We have recently made some alterations to the uniform students will be expected to wear from September 2017 which are included in full on the following letters and uniform guide:
Year 9 from September 2017, please click here for an information letter.
Years 10 and 11 from September 2017, please click here for an information letter.
Revised college uniform guide from September, please click here to view.
Year 9 from September 2017
From September 2017 Year 9 students will be wearing slightly altered ties, blazers and jumpers as shown on the guide above.
Our uniform supplier for branded items is Jual Branded Clothing & Promotions Ltd (www.jual.co.uk), who also supply skirts, trousers and our PE kit branded items. Please click here for a price list. All items which are currently in stock can be ordered online directly from the Jual website.
Pre-orders for our new branded items can be made by calling Jual on 01278 661199 or by emailing Jane Harrison email@example.com.
Years 10 and 11 from September 2017
There will be no changes to the branded elements of the uniform worn by the students from September 2017 in Years 10 and 11. Therefore students in Years 10 and 11 will still be able to wear their current blazers, ties and jumpers.
Year 10 and 11 students may also purchase the new branded elements of our uniform from Jual if they choose, but this is not an expectation.
Please note that all students will be expected to wear either a grey, knee length, box pleated skirt or grey trousers. Please also note that canvas shoes, plimsolls or trainers will no longer be allowed.
We expect all students to be in correct uniform at all times. We also want to support you in buying affordable, good quality clothing for school which your children accept they have to wear because the rules are very clear. We want to make it easier for parents and help reduce any issues there may be over what is and isn’t acceptable uniform. If you want to buy uniform from another store or online, that is acceptable, but it must match the uniform on the guidance below exactly, making the process of getting the right uniform even easier.
- Skirt – grey, knee length, box pleated skirt.
- Trousers – must be grey and tailored with a seam at the front and back, straight cut and plain grey. Logos and denim are not acceptable. Trousers must not be tight or skinny.
- Blazer – Black (Years 10 and 11 only) or Black with piping for Year 9 (and Years 10 and 11 if they wish).
- Shirt or Blouse – White formal collared shirt or blouse – short or long sleeved. No visible T shirt to be worn underneath.
- Tie – Clip on college tie.
- Jumper or Cardigan – Grey V-neck jumper or cardigan as provided through our uniform supplier Jual. No other sweatshirts, pullovers are acceptable.
- Shoes – Smart, plain black shoes in black leather or alternative man made materials but not canvas. Vans, Converse or any other trainer of this nature are not acceptable. Socks must be black or white. Tights must be black only.
- Coat/Jacket – Plain and appropriate for weather conditions and dark evenings. Warm and water resistant.
Suppliers of non-branded acceptable uniform (shoes, shirts, trousers and skirts):
- Marks & Spencer – Sell appropriate shoes, shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls.
- Next – Sell appropriate shoes, shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- Debenhams – Sell appropriate shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- Tesco – Sell appropriate shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- Asda – Sell appropriate shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- John Lewis – Sell appropriate shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- Matalan – Sell appropriate shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- Taunton Uniforms – Sell appropriate shirts, trousers and skirts for boys and girls
- Clarks – Sell appropriate shoes for boys and girls
- Shoe Zone – Sell appropriate shoes for boys and girls
- Jones – Sell appropriate shoes for boys and girls
- No more than two small studs, gold or silver, in each ear.
- A wrist watch.
- Other items of jewellery such as necklaces, rings, studs (including face and tongue piercings or ear stretchers), bracelets, wrist bands, or similar jewellery must not be worn. The only exceptions are medical bracelets and necklaces.
- All nail varnish that is not clear and make up that is not wholly discreet will need to be removed, students will be provided with nail varnish remover and make up wipes to do this.