Free School Meals
In England, children are eligible to receive Free School Meals (FSM) if they are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of now more than 16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC)- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit Run-on- the payment someone receives for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit- their children are entitled to free school lunches. Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.