Textiles’ A’ Level - OCR
A Level Art and Design – Textiles Endorsement
Course Leader: Miss N Spicer
What’s it all about?
This is an excellent opportunity to study Textiles in the context of art. This course allows you to develop your Art, Textiles and Design skills through the exploration of a variety of materials and processes. The course includes practical textiles, making and manipulating fabrics and other materials. The development of your projects will be informed by analysing artist’s work. Assessment for A level consists of two components, one practical coursework element and one externally set task. The course includes joint study trips to London, visits to museums and art galleries along with the arts faculty. There will also be the possibility of a Foreign Trip.
What are the entry requirements?
5 GCSE’s GRADE 9-4 including GCSE grade 5 in Textiles, Art, Design Technology, Craft, or equivalent design based course.
What will I learn on this course?
- You will develop strong drawing skills
- You will have the opportunity to work in one or a combination of the following disciplines: Fashion, Interiors, and/or Fine Art Textiles.
- You will have the opportunity to explore a wide range of materials and processes.
- You will develop your own portfolio of work to enable you to apply for courses in higher education and employment.
- You will be given the opportunity to study artists’ work from Primary sources.
How will I be assessed?
60% Coursework, 40% Controlled Test
Is there anything else I need to know?
From this course you would normally progress to further and higher education through a foundation course or directly onto a degree course.
Who can I contact for further information?