About Sally Scyner
In the WSC 6th form we aim to secure a destination for every student. As Head of 6th Form I oversee the tutor programme which covers many aspects of careers and destination options available to our students. Alongside a brilliant team of tutors we cover the following;
- Showing students the options available when they leave 6th form, at whatever stage that might be.
- Helping them to navigate the apprenticeship search and application processes.
- Preparing and supporting Level 3 students in their university applications including support with writing personal statements through the UCAS system.
- Giving guidance about websites to search for employment.
- Implementing work experience within the year 12 curriculum.
- Providing opportunities to visit careers, apprenticeships, further education and university fairs.
- Absences for open day visits and interviews do not affect students’ attendance record.
- Our OMVD programme supports students who are considering Oxford, Cambridge, Medical, Veterinary or Dentistry (who apply to university early and often require additional interviews and tests) through access to assistance with personal statements and interviews from local professionals.
- Advice and assistance accessing widening participation programmes for Russell group universities, such as Realising Opportunities, Uniq and Pathway to Bath.
- To advise about Extra and Super-curricular activities that support applications.
- To work with Hinkley Point C to enable students to access their apprenticeship programmes.
- To work with Next Steps South West who provide a wealth of information regarding access to university.
- The tutor programme also provides daily support for students from study skills and revision to cooking sessions, learning about accommodation availability and paying bills. All sessions support students in their next steps.
- Assemblies are used for visiting speakers to inspire and inform students in their next steps.
- All students have access to careers interviews at any time and usually at least once a year.
Email me at; firstname.lastname@example.org